To see a slide show of today's pictures, click on the above photo
I got to bed a little after 3 AM this morning and passed Barb as she was getting up. Barb and Fritz worked the 3 AM to 3 PM shift. I got up about 9 AM and drank some coffee and made a peanut butter sandwich for breakfast.
After showering, I decided to walk to the post office and see if our mail had arrived. It was mailed priority mail from Postal Express in Stayton, OR on Friday, and as it turned out, had actually arrived on Monday. I had three weeks of mail to go through.
Fritz headed out at noon to pick up a load of seed and seemed to be a little late getting back. He had a right front tire blow out and had to catch a ride back to Hart. By the time we got a spare installed by the only tire service company in town, it was after 2:30 PM when he finally got back. No one in town had the right size for our 1990 GMC 5 ton truck, so we had to order 2 new tires that should be here tomorrow and we will get them put on.
By the time Loran and I got started it was time to take the next load of seeds off the dryer, so I got an opportunity to try out the Vacuum. A little before 6 PM, Fritz agreed to watch the dryers so that I could go with Loran to pick up a load of seeds. This time I was driving the truck and trying to remember all that I had been taught. When we got back, I also got my first chance to unload the seed and dump on the dryers with the fork lift. Now it is time to sit and watch till Loran comes back with the 1 AM load.
Red Lion Man
Drop us an E-mail from the following link if you care to comment on today's post.