Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Friendships









Friendships

Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008

It only cooled off to 70 degrees overnight, so we woke up to a warm rain. I hadn’t been getting my walks in since it has been so warn so I told Dick I would walk into town and buy some brown sugar for my blackberry crisp I was making. He wanted to go along and have some breakfast, so we took off in the rain. We discovered a Cyber Café and stopped in to check out, since we aren’t able to upload on our connection at the coach. As long as you buy coffee you could use it, so Dick was going to come back later with the computer. We had breakfast (dripping wet) across the street at Boondocks Café and than walked home.

We head back down town in the car and Dick goes into the Cyber Café and I go to Super One for my brown sugar. Marladene, a former classmate, works at the bank across from Super One, so I went in for a visit. From there I headed back to the Cyber Café but ran into Ave, Margret and Don going into the Boondocks Café. I go in with them and call Dick to tell him to join us for a bowl of soup. We had a good visit, than headed to our coach. By this time the temperature had dropped into the low 60’s or high 50’s.

It wasn’t long and it was time to head for Underwood to have dinner with Virgil and Myrna. When Dick was in the Army, based at Fort Monmouth, I met Virgil while we were pulling fatigues out of the washer next to each other. We started talking and discovered we were both Minnesotans and the next thing you know the four of us were getting together for picnics, cards, camping, swimming in the ocean and Twins games at Yankee Stadium. We had a great time reminiscing and eating! I won’t mention we were having so much fun, Myrna forgot to put the meat on. Really, it was only an excuse to have a 4 course meal (better than any restaurant)! We got back to our coach around 11 pm, seems we need more sleep now.
Drop us an E-mail

No comments:

Post a Comment