Ginny helping Dave load bags on the fork lift
Up the ramp with the bag
Watch the forks so they don't hit the roof
First Load off to Oregon
We got off work at 3am and set our alarm for 8am to help get things ready for our first load to be sent back to Oregon. About 7:30am Dave is outside our window asking if Dick could come help him with the fork lift. He was trying to get the guard off so when the bags are lifted in the air with the forks upside down, the guard won’t hit the top of the container. One bolt was a fine thread bolt threaded into a course thread hole. Good thing Jim from TriBerry is just across the street. He had to heat up the metal so the screw would come out. Next the forks could not be put in upside down and again Jim came to our rescue. He was able to cut the notch bigger so they would fit. Soon the truck arrived and the loading began.
A little help getting the doors closed
Once it was loaded and on its way, we headed for Napa to get some bolts to reattach the guard. By now it was about 10:30 and we hadn’t even had our coffee yet, so we told Dave we would stop at the new bakery and have a coffee and donut before returning. He asked us to pick him up a couple of maple bars. I couldn’t see any in the case and asked if they had any. I was told they don’t make them. I suggested we just stop at IGA on our way back and pick them up there. Well, IGA doesn’t make them either. They have "Long Johns" with different frostings and fillings. So now it was on to Hansen Foods (I was on a mission) to see if they had them. Linda came to the counter and I asked her if she had any. She said she hadn’t ever heard of them, but if I would explain to her what they were she would try to make me some if I wanted place an order. I explained it to her and said I would get back to her and order some after talking to Dave. A few days later I stopped by to order some from her. She said there were some already in the case. Low and behold there were only three left. Linda said “people must like them.” I bought 2 for Dave and 1 to try myself and of course I had to get an apple fritter for Dick. So if you are ever in Hart, be sure and stop in for a maple bar! The folks are very nice in there.

Helpful Linda at Hansen's Food
No comments:
Post a Comment