
The week of July 20 - 24 I was a counselor at Royal Family Kids Camp. I was a little concerned about the hot weather and being in the sun too much and getting headaches from it, so my main prayer request was that I would not get a headache. On Monday I spent a little more time in the sun than I wanted, but most of the time I could find some shade.
On Tuesday I made sure I found the shade. I even wore my hat in the swimming pool. I leave the pool early to shower before the kids and slip on the shower room floor. I hit my head rather hard and it starts to bleed. The nurse sends me to the emergency room where I get to sit in an air conditioned room for the rest of the afternoon. After 9 staples in my head it was back to my campers, but they were already tucked in bed.
The rest of the week I was able to have a good time with my campers at the lake fishing, archery, crafts, meals, and chapel. Since I was paired up with 2 other counselors it worked out good for me to be able to take a nap during swimming if I needed it. The meals were great. We even had a big birthday party for the whole camp on Thursday evening. The drama team did a great job. My prayer request was answered, my head did hurt, but I never got a headache all week.
This is such a great camp for kids that really need something like this. Here is a link to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment