
We head out from White Sulphur Springs, MT about 6:15 AM

Conastoga Campground - Lana Curl
Today was one of our planned longer driving days, as we did not have a specific destination. We were on the road a little over 10 hours, and came 555 miles. That leaves us only 245 miles to go tomorrow, to get to Myrna and Virgils place. We met Virgil and Myrna when I was in the Army in New Jersey in the mid 60's and we still enjoy getting together when possible.
We are spending the night at a rest area just East of Bismark, ND. I had some pictures to return to my first cousin, Terry Curl, so I called to see if we could get together this evening, as they live in Bismark. Terry had some commitments, but his wife Lana, was able to meet us at the rest area, after we got parked for the evening. We had an enjoyable visit, as this was the first time that I had met Lana.
The Lions were very glad to get on the road, as they knew they could relax in the window. They were quite worn out from all the activities of going to the Monument Falls yesterday. It was a perfect day for travel. Some sun, some clouds, some wind, some rain, and only in the 50's and 60's, not 108 like it was in Corvallis yesterday.
No comments:
Post a Comment