Morning Walk
My morning walk started out as a beautiful day after the rain last night. The daffodils are in bloom and the birds are singing. The Killdeer are very busy faking broken wings. If they only knew I am too busy trying to keep my heart rate up to bother their nests, they wouldn’t make such a ruckus.
After crossing the creek I spotted what looked like fresh road kill in the ditch. As I got a little closer the deer started to struggle. Its leg was caught in the barbed wire fence. I gave Dick a call to notify the State Game Department. Dick came to take pictures of the rescue, but when the officer came and took a look at the deer, it was injured too badly to save. So it had to be shot. So guess I wasn’t a hero after all. At least it didn’t suffer long.




Did you eat it?
ReplyDeleteI guess I need to know who Anonymous is before I answer!
ReplyDelete