Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2008

A quicker than quick trip

My friend Dave Partridge, wanted to know if I would go with him to Pleasant, CA with him to tow back a car that his brother had given him. I was more than willing, as we never get to have a lot of time to just talk, and there wouldn't be much more to do than talk and drive.

Barb was off at camp and did not know that I was going, but since I had been invited to join the returning staff for dinner at 4 PM Friday night, I figured that I could tell her then. We were planning on leaving at 6PM. I had told here earlier that I might help him, but as I didn't find out the time till after she had left for camp, I hoped that it would be OK.

I picked up the tow dolly Friday afternoon, so that when Dave arrived, we would be ready to roll. We were on the road about 6 PM, and with only about 30 minutes stopped time, we were at Don's house a few minutes after 4 Am.

We got about 4 hours sleep, and were both wide awake, so Don fixed breakfast for us while we visited with some of the rest of the family. By 10 AM we started hooking up the car, and were ready to hit the road by 11 AM.

We rolled into Albany about 10 PM and then continued on another 20 miles to Jordan, where we dropped off the car, and then returned to Albany so that Dave could get back to Eugene and hopefully get a good nights sleep before church.

In all we traveled about 1200 miles in 30 hours and got an overall average of 18 MPG on the whole trip. We were quite happy with the results.

Red Lion Man

No comments:

Post a Comment